Self proclaimed ghetto gladiator, musician Bobi Wine’s concert that seemed to be back on truck earlier this week has suffered another major setback.
The management of Namboole Stadium has revoked its earlier provisional offer to host the concert on November 9th, 2018 sighting a complaint from Uganda’s football governing body, the Federation of Uganda’s Football Association (FUFA).
In a letter dated 19th October, 2018 that has been accessed by Nile Post, The Namboole stadium management has informed Bobi Wine, through Mr Emma Serugo, the director of Emma Promotionz and Marketing Agency that they will not be able to host the Kyarenga Concert on 9th November, 2018 following a complaint from FUFA that hosting any public event within the International football match period will put the stadium into an unacceptable standard to the detriment of CAF docking off points from the Uganda Cranes for the upcoming match due on Saturday 17th November 2018 with Cape Verde.
” In light of the above stated matters coupled with the Mandela National Stadium’s mandate ‘To promote sports in Uganda’, we regret to inform you that the stadium shall not be able to host your event as tentatively booked. You are therefore advised to seek for an alternative. Thank you.” – A letter from Namboole reads in part.
FUFA wrote to Namboole Stadium on 17th October 2018 following a provisional offer by the stadium management to host the Kyalenga concert on 9th November 2018 which gave the concert a green light as Bobi Wine needed to just seek approval from the Uganda Police as required by law.
In its complaint, FUFA also says that Mandela National Stadium (Namboole) is under a “red flag” having received a warning from CAF after a similar event was organised before Uganda Cranes played Ghana in October 2017 last year.
They said CAF is keenly observing the Stadium conditions as a key competition factor.
Bobi Wine reacts
In a lengthy Facebook, Musician Bobi Wine has confirmed receipt of the letters from both FUFA and the Namboole Stadium management.
In the post, the musician pinned the management for accepting to be used by Police and lied to the public that there was going to be a wedding reception today, 20th October, 2018 a date he had booked to stage his concert initially.
He says that they were armed with the matrix given to them and went to Namboole to rebook the shoe on any of the available dates.
” They tried to give us all sorts of excuses but we said we were ready to meet any conditions. We told them that even if it was only a Monday which was available, we were willing to take it. They ran our of excuses and we chose Friday 9th, November!” – Bobi postulated in part.
Bobi also says that even with tough conditions for the use of the stadium which included one that required fans not to use the turf/grass during the show and a hefty fine if this was violated, his team was ready to meet all the requirements and they had made fresh adverts for the new date.
He says that the regime is also doing everything possible to block all his businesses and other sources of income. He says that they are actively looking at different options and he will communicate very soon.
MELBET PROMOCODE: eyalama10Download Our News App Here