MASAKA MURDERS: Attackers drop ‘bibaluwa’ threatening to attack more people

BY: Eyalama In News On
- Updated

As security forces are in the spot light to quickly end and also establish the genesis of the rampant bijambiya killings in the Masaka sub-region, the attackers are continuing to notify people of the area that they are going to raid again.

In one of the ‘Ebibaluwa’ (letters) making rounds on social media, the panga weilding gang is threatening to attack Kabwami village and claim 20 ‘heads.’

Fred Bamwine, Resident District Commissioner-RDC revealed that some of the dropped letters are demanding for money.
“Yesterday night, they dropped letters (Ebibaluwa), and these letters stated that; If you are willing to give us relief package send the money to the number below. When we checked these numbers, they belong to area leaders,” Bamwine said.

 

He explained that they have met several Masaka leaders and given them security tips.

[corona country="Uganda" title="Uganda"]

“We have put patrols in place and gave ourselves a target that we shall always be at the crime scene in less than 10 minutes after any crime incident has happened,” he said.

As of yesterday, 25 people had been hacked to death in less than a month by the machete gang. The insecurity has forced some of the residents have started migrating to safer areas.

[corona country="Kenya" title="Kenya"]

Internal Affairs Minister Gen David Muhoozi and other security and gocerment officials are expected in the area today.

Add your comments:

Download Our News App Here

You may also read!

Gaddafi son’s presidential bid blocked by Libya’s electoral body

Libya's electoral commission on Wednesday announced its rejection of the candidacy of Seif al-Islam Gaddafi, son of slain dictator

Read More...

Doctors strike: UMA meeting with Museveni ends fruitless

Doctors under their umbrella association of Uganda Medical Association (UMA) have vowed to continue with their industrial action, despite

Read More...

Sheebah’s Ex ‘Oscar’ calls upon her for help

Ailing singer Oscar of the disbanded group Big Tym has come out to call upon his alleged ex Sheebah

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu