The Ministry of Health has confirmed five new cases of COVID-19 in the country.
Dr. Joyce Moriku said the five new cases bring the total number of confirmed patients to 14.
The five people who confirmed positive, include the two of the six chinese that were got in Zombo.
“They cannot be presented in court for fear of further spread,” the Minister said.
The cases include:
63 year old male who traveled back from Germany.
57 year old male Adjumani – has not travelled before – salt trader.
8 month old baby, Iganga hospital, father travelled from Kisuumu.
2 Chinese arrested in Zombo after escaping from Quarantine.
“Dear Ugandans, this is a very critical moment for everyone as the number of positive cases keeps scaling up. Five more people have been confirmed positive, including two of the six Chinese that were got in Zombo. They cannot be presented in court for fear of further spread,” she tweeted on
So far, we have 12 Ugandans and two Chinese who have tested positive for the virus.
The minister reassured the country that they have enough test kits, and is expecting more from the World Health Organisation later this week.
The country has since banned all public gatherings as well as schools, bars and night clubs.
Uganda has also banned all travels to the East African country and stopped all outgoing movements.
Only emmergency landing by plane will be allowed on the Ugandan soil, President Yoweri Museveni announced on Saturday
Watch Video Here
The Ministry of Health has confirmed 5 more new cases of COVID 19 in Uganda rising the number of patients to 14 #NTVNews #COVID19
Posted by NTV Uganda on Wednesday, March 25, 2020